The Asian Institute of Technology (AIT) is a leading international institute of higher learning in Thailand promoting technological change and sustainable development in the Asian-Pacific region through higher education, research, and outreach. Established in Bangkok in 1959, AIT as a university has become a leading regional postgraduate institution and is actively working with public and private sector partners throughout the region and with some of the top universities in the world.
Recognized for its multinational, multicultural ethos, the Institute operates as a self-contained international community at its campus located 40 km (25 miles) north of Bangkok, Thailand.
“to develop highly qualified and committed professionals who play leading roles in the region’s sustainable development and its integration into the global economy.”
SOME KEY FACTS AND FIGURES
– 1700+ Students from 60+ Countries/Territories
– 19800+ Alumni from 90+ Countries/Territories
– 29000+ Short-term Trainees from 70+ Countries/Territories
– 75 Internationally recruited Faculty from 20+ Countries
– 101 Adjunct / Visiting Faculty
– 500+ Research and Support Staff from 30+ Countries
– Approximately 450 Sponsored Research Projects worth 1.6 Billion Thai Baht (THB)
– 300+ Partners
– 33 Board of Trustee members from 19 Countries
– 3 Schools
– 1000+ courses offered
– 24 Research and Outreach Centers
– Operational Turnover: 1.2 Billion ThaiBaht (THB)
– Masters degrees: MBA, MEng, MSc
– Executive Master Degree Programs
– Doctoral Degrees: DEng, DTechSc, PhD
– Diploma and Certificate Programs
– An intensive English language and academic Bridging Program
– Non-degree continuing education courses for practicing professionals
AIT School of Management (SOM) was established in October 1987 to meet the growing needs in Asia for graduate management education. In line with AIT’s mission, SOM’s objective is to make a difference in the quality of management education and practices in the Asia-Pacific region leading to sustainable development, technological leadership, entrepreneurial spirit, wealth creation, and pride. SOM believes in the development of corporate leaders not just for the present but also for the future to face the challenges posed by the dramatic social, economic, political and technological changes in Asia. The programs at SOM offer a unique competitive advantage to managers and future leaders in the region.
Our Mission is to develop socially responsible and visionary leaders who can steer sustainable business growth for the prosperity of Asia and beyond.
Our Vision is to become the leading creator and disseminator of Asian management knowledge, practices, and values.
Programs taught in:
- English (US)