Graduate School of Business Almaty Management University (HSB AlmaU) is an internationally recognized leader in business education in Kazakhstan. For 31 years, AlmaU has been successfully training and improving the skills of entrepreneurs, middle and senior managers for all sectors of the economy, our programs have received well-deserved recognition both on the Kazakhstani education market and internationally.
"We are forming a new generation of leaders with entrepreneurial thinking and contributing to the development of the knowledge economy of dynamically developing societies."
31 years on the education market, the oldest private university in the country, the first business university of the Republic of Kazakhstan, pioneer of business education in the CIS.
The history of AlmaU began with a small School of Management back in 1988. Schools, which became the first swallow graduating new generation managers for our young country. In 1996, when the first stage of development was successfully completed, the Almaty School of Managers (ACM) was transformed into the International Academy of Business. And 25 years after the creation of the MAB, it entered the next round of the spiral leading up - the Academy received the status of a UNIVERSITY. In accordance with the new AlmaU strategy, in 2014 the university took a course towards creating a model of an entrepreneurial university.
The university has taught the management of the first Kazakhstani entrepreneurs, the first MBA and DBA programs in the Republic of Kazakhstan, the best teachers and sought-after graduates.
Key values of the University:
- 1 Partnership for the benefit of society
- 2 Leadership
- 3 Freedom
- 4 Responsibility
- 5 Team spirit and synergy
bruce mars / pexels
AlmaU Graduate School of Business today
sets the strategic goal of training a new generation of Kazakhstani managers, capable of creating innovative models for managing organizations through managerial innovations and entrepreneurial thinking. HSB AlmaU
plans to achieve this goal not only through training, but through the creation of
entrepreneurial ecosystem like inside a school by creating a new model
business school innovation management in and around, impacting
Kazakhstani business and society, implementing new innovative educational and
consulting projects, becoming a place of attraction of talents and ideas, a forge of leaders
organizations, innovation managers.
Accreditation and Ratings
- HSB AlmaU is one of the few business schools in Kazakhstan, which is recognized and has accreditation and awards of both Kazakhstan and international levels.
- National Program Accreditation of the Independent Kazakhstan Agency for Quality Assurance in Education ( IQAA ), Kazakhstan, 2017
- European institutional re-accreditation in the field of quality business education CEEMAN , 2017
- Re-accreditation of the Association of MBA's (AMBA) for a maximum term of 5 years. AlmaU Graduate School of Business MBA programs are the only ones in Central Asia and Kazakhstan that are accredited by AMBA , UK, 2016.
- “Top business school with significant international influence” - “ 4 palm branches ”, according to the global rating agency Eduniversal , France, 2008-2019.
- One of our latest achievements - in 2019, AlmaU HSB MBA programs were included in the TOP-200 of the best programs in the world, and in the TOP-20 of the best programs in Asia, in the prestigious international ranking of QS World University Rankings: Global MBA Rankings 2020 (United Kingdom).
Recognition in Kazakhstan
According to the results of the authoritative rating "TORZHARGAN - 2017"
Almaty Management University:
- TOP - 1 in the reputation rating of Kazakhstani companies "Topzharkan" in the "Education" industry.
- TOP - 6 in the overall reputation rating of the best Kazakhstan companies.
- TOP-3 in the national rating of “The best humanitarian and economic universities in Kazakhstan”, according to the Independent Kazakhstan Agency for Quality Assurance in Education (IQAA), Kazakhstan, 2018
Snapwire / pexels
Recognition in the CIS
Rating of global business schools in Russia and the CIS countries - 2017
- TOP - 1 - among the CIS business schools that are actively promoting themselves in the global market.
- TOP - 2 - among CIS business schools implementing double degree programs with foreign
- TOP - 5 MBA and Master programs in Eduniversal Best Masters Ranking, France, 2017
- TOP - 250 of the best business schools in the world, according to the Association of MBA's (AMBA), UK, 2017
- TOP - 200 in the ranking of the best business schools in the world, according to the international rating agency Eduniversal, France, 2017.
- TOP - 3 best business schools included in the geographical zone of Central and South Asia *, according to the international rating agency Eduniversal, France, 2017.
The development strategy is aimed at becoming as a socially responsible organization, contributing to the strengthening of positive relations in society. The university has a “Program for Supporting Rural Schools by Universities of the Country”, a social project “UNLIMITED POSSIBILITIES”, a “cultural and linguistic camp Ulytau”, a contest for mass media and authors writing on educational topics Zachot, and a social project Charity Wish Tree, from 2015 a new discipline Service Learning has been introduced for students (training through service to society).
The HSB AlmaU has representative offices in the cities of Nur-Sultan , Atyrau , Aktobe, Kyzylorda , Shymkent , Uralsk . The main direction in the work of representative offices is to train managers of small and medium-sized businesses in MBA and DBA programs, as well as in seminars and trainings.
050060 Almaty, Almaty Province, Kazakhstan
020000 Nur-Sultan, Kazakhstan
Aktobe, Aktobe Province, Kazakhstan
Kyzylorda, Kyzylorda Province, Kazakhstan
Atyrau, Atyrau Province, Kazakhstan
Shymkent, South Kazakhstan Province, Kazakhstan