Part time MBA in
Professional MBA Banking WU Executive Academy - Vienna University of Economics and Business
Succeed in the dynamic field of finance
The MBA Finance is a cutting-edge program providing theoretical expertise, analytical know-how, and practical management tools to enable executives to succeed in the dynamic, globalized field of finance. The curriculum has been specifically designed around the implementation of applicable content and is taught by an international faculty of top experts from the finance sector.
This MBA will expand participants‘ expertise as well as hone both their financial intuition and the necessary flexibility to react quickly and appropriately to the future evolution in this vital sector. The broad range of content allows graduates to take up various positions in finance - an asset to their employer and a vital career benefit.
- 18 months, part-time (blocked modules)
- Modules of 4 - 8 days
- International Residency
- Master thesis
Master of Business Administration (MBA), Vienna University of Economics and Business
- Portfolio Investment & Management
- Applied Financial Risk Management & Corporate Hedging
- Valuation & Topics in Investment Banking
- Applied Corporate Finance
- Behavioral Finance
- Professors from WU Vienna and other renowned international business schools
- Distinguished guest speakers from leading corporations and organizations
Find more information on our website.
The Financial Times Executive MBA Ranking and various other rankings consistently rank us among the best universities in Europe.
Moreover, we are triple accredited. Less than 1% of business schools in the world have quality levels recognized by the three largest business school accreditation organizations: AMBA (Association of MBAs), AACSB (Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business) and EQUIS (European Quality Improvement System) by the European Foundation of Management.
To see current achievements of the WU Executive Academy please go to: https://executiveacademy.at/en/university/accreditation-rankings
Scholarships and Funding
The WU Executive Academy offers a wide range of partial scholarships for applicants for whom financing the tuition fee is a challenge, regardless of their residence or citizenship. Moreover, we have been supporting women in their professional development for many years, thus we additionally offer a "Female Leaders" scholarship that is open to all female applicants.
Scholarships are awarded on a case-by-case basis. The admission committee decides whether and to what extent a scholarship will be granted by evaluating:
- Submitted application documents
- Performance in the admission interview
- Potential contribution to peer-learning in class
- Financial situation (income, costs for logistics, etc.)
- Leadership potential
- Analytical skills
- Ability to work in a team
- Career goals and motivation
- Personal circumstances
You can find detailed information about all different scholarships, including the maximum amount, on our website.
In addition, there are further financing options possible, including employer sponsorship, payments by installments, or early bird reductions. You can find an overview of all opportunities here.
- High potentials working as or seeking to become financial managers in non-financial companies (e.g. corporate treasurers, CFOs)
- Managers in international financial institutions, central banks, banks, government institutions, corporate finance departments, investment bankers, financial advisors
- Persons aiming for senior positions in financial, consulting or industrial firms, commerce, public services or in venture capital, private equity firms, legal firms and regulatory bodies
React quickly to evolution in the finance sector
At the end of the formal MBA Finance program, participants will travel to an international immersion.
Carefully structured to encourage the highest level of personal and intellectual interaction among a diverse community of scholars and practitioners, the Center is poised to assist the MBA Finance program and its students in carrying out dialogue on issues of common concern with local scholars and other experts.
Find career stories on our website.