M.B.A. with a major in Sport Revenue Generation Nova Southeastern University, H. Wayne Huizenga College of Business & Entrepreneurship
Savvy business pros who know how to maximize revenue streams are as valuable to a sports organization as the gifted athletes on the field. Honing that specialized skill is the #1 focus of this unique M.B.A. major.
Our M.B.A. in Sport Revenue Generation is a leading-edge program – literally one of its kind in sports management education. No other curriculum so closely mirrors the industry’s growing demand for professionals dedicated to revenue enhancement: it focuses specifically on knowledge, skills, and tactics to generate revenue.
Study how to maximize sales through sponsorship deals, organize fundraising, create new income streams through emerging technologies, and far more to become a valued player on collegiate or professional management teams.
- Curriculum: NSU’s M.B.A. program is 37-49 total credits to complete, depending on undergraduate coursework.
- Start Dates: The M.B.A. in Sport Revenue Generation major is available to start in August and January.
- Delivery Options: Classes for the Master of Business Administration program with a major in Sport and Recreation Management are offered weeknights at NSU's Fort Lauderdale/Davie campus and online (asynchronously).
- Tuition: Tuition for the degree program is $1026 per credit hour. Discounted rates are available through our employer tuition program.
- Application Deadline: Fall: July 31 | Winter: January 11
- Completed Master's Application for Admission and non-refundable $50 application fee.
- A conferred bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited U.S. institution or an equivalent degree for international applicants.
- Official transcripts from all colleges and universities previously attended. The applicant's bachelor's degree transcript must show a degree conferral date in order to be evaluated for admission consideration. If the graduate degree has been earned, the transcript must show the degree conferral date in order to be evaluated for admission consideration. Electronic transcripts can be sent via email or regular mail.
- Other admission documentation may be required.
Foreign Educated Applicants
- For those applicants who completed their degree outside of the United States, they must have their foreign transcript evaluated by a NACES-accredited organization.
- The independent academic evaluation must list the degree equivalency and include a GPA (grade point average) calculation as well as a course-by-course credit evaluation.
- The academic evaluation must be completed for all undergraduate work and be performed based on original and official documents.
English Language Proficiency Requirement
All applicants who received their bachelor's and any graduate degrees from a college or university where English is not the primary language of instruction are required to take an English language test. Test scores cannot be more than two years old.
- Test of English as a foreign language (TOEFL) minimum scores required - Internet-based (iBT) = 79
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS) minimum score required = 6.
- Pearson Test of English (PTE) minimum score required = 54.
- TALK International, School of Languages: Completion of level 9 test with a score of 85% or higher.
- Duolingo Test of English: 105 or higher
- If bachelor's or master's degree coursework was fully completed in English outside the USA, a letter from the institution on official letterhead would be required to waive the English Language requirement. The letter must state that all coursework was taught in English.
*An interview may also be required to determine the current level of English proficiency, even if the required scores and guidelines have been fulfilled.
Scholarships and Funding
M.B.A. Core Courses (22–31 credits)
- ACT 5001* Introductory Accounting
- ACT 5140 Accounting for Decision Makers
- FIN 5008* Business Finance
- FIN 5130 Financial Management
- ISM 5150 Information Strategy for Digital Transformation
- MGT 5001 Developing Academic and Career Success
- MGT 5105 Managing Organizational Behavior in a Dynamic and Complex World
- MGT 5170 Applying Strategy for Managers
- MKT 5125 Marketing Decisions for Managers
- QNT 5000* Foundations of Business Statistics
- QNT 5160 Analytical Modeling for Decision Making
Sport Revenue Generation (15 credits)
- SPT 5910 Sport Sponsorship Design and Strategies
- SPT 5920 Sport Ticketing, Concessions and Merchandise Management
- SPT 5930 Sport Event and Fundraising Strategies and Techniques
- SPT 5940 Sport Revenue Generation and Emerging Technologies
- Open elective—any course in HCBE excluding CHS, ISEC, MSIT, and MMIS prefixes
*Course may be waived at the discretion of the department chair or designee. Waivers will only be considered when an equivalent course with a grade of C has been completed in the past 10 years.
Current students: Please consult your Academic Advisor for program requirements or access SharkLink for your Degree Works audit. Program requirements are subject to change, and your Academic Advisor or Degree works audit can provide you with the courses required for your catalog term.
- Men’s Athletic Director: $94,162 (average salary per year)
- Head Coach: $73,417 (average salary per year)
- Senior Brand Manager: $114,685 (average salary per year)