M.B.A. with a major in Finance Nova Southeastern University, H. Wayne Huizenga College of Business & Entrepreneurship
You know finance. Now multiply that advantage by diving deeper and thinking bigger at the same time. Earning an M.B.A. with a Finance major empowers accelerated career growth in ways a traditional Master’s Degree in Finance can’t.
Build senior-level business savvy with a well-rounded curriculum covering all key disciplines while also furthering your financial expertise. The combination is a formidable advantage for startups and C-level positions alike.
- Combines core M.B.A. classes with a specialized focus on corporate finance, securities analysis, portfolio management, and financial institutions and markets.
- A Finance major emphasizes theory and analysis, including relevant techniques of economic analysis, mathematics, and statistics.
- Curriculum: NSU’s M.B.A. program is 37-49 total credits to complete, depending on undergraduate coursework.
- Start Dates: The M.B.A. in Finance Major is available to start in August and January.
- Delivery Options: Classes for the Master of Business Administration program with a major in Finance are offered weeknights at NSU's Fort Lauderdale/Davie campus and online (asynchronously).
- Tuition: Tuition for the degree program is $1026 per credit hour. Discounted rates are available through our employer tuition program.
- Application Deadline: Fall: July 31 | Winter I: January 11
- Certificate: The College of Business also offers a Finance Certificate program for non-degree-seeking students.
Scholarships and Funding
We Honor Excellence…
The H. Wayne Huizenga College of Business and Entrepreneurship recognizes and honors the academic strengths, leadership roles, community involvement, and skills of its students. We encourage students to achieve new heights in intellectual and personal development and are committed to rewarding these achievements through scholarship programs.
- AutoNation Scholarship
- CITY Furniture
- Florence Bayuk Educational Trust
- James F. Allen Scholarship
- Lori and Seth Wise/BBX Scholarship Endowment
- Lynda Leggett Moore Memorial Endowed Scholarship Fund
- Pathway Scholars Program
- Strategic Forum, Phil Bakes Scholarship
- Susie and Alan B Levan Endowed Scholarship Fund
- Terry W. Stiles Real Estate Development Scholarship
Tuition Awards & Other Aid Opportunities
- Government Employee Tuition Award
- Best for Our World™ Award
- Military Tuition Award
- Non-Profit Organizations Award
- NSU Alumni Tuition Award
M.B.A. Core Courses (22–31 credits)
- ACT 5001*Introductory Accounting
- ACT 5140 Accounting for Decision Makers
- FIN 5008* Business Finance
- FIN 5130 Financial Management
- ISM 5150 Information Strategy for Digital Transformation
- MGT 5001 Developing Academic and Career Success
- MGT 5105 Managing Organizational Behavior in a Dynamic and Complex World
- MGT 5170 Applying Strategy for Managers
- MKT 5125 Marketing Decisions for Managers
- QNT 5000* Foundations of Business Statistics
- QNT 5160 Analytical Modeling for Decision Making
Finance (15 credits) - Choose Four
- FIN 5504 Real World Finance and Sustainability
- FIN 5515 International Finance in a Sustainable World
- FIN 5540 Banking
- FIN 5545 Financial Engineering
- FIN 5550 Sustainable Investment Strategies
- FIN 5570 Advanced Corporate Finance and Sustainability
- Open elective—any course in HCBE excluding CHS, ISEC, MSIT, and MMIS prefixes
- FIN 5580 Finance Internship
* Course may be waived at the discretion of the department chair or designee. Waivers will only be considered when an equivalent course with a grade of C has been completed in the past 10 years.
Current students: Please consult your Academic Advisor for program requirements or access SharkLink for your Degree Works audit. Program requirements are subject to change, and your Academic Advisor or Degree works audit can provide you with the courses required for your catalog term.
- Financial Manager: $117,990 (average salary per year)
- Chief Financial Officer: $175,110 (average salary per year)
- Financial Analyst: $80,310 (average salary per year)
Source: U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics