Master of Business Administration (MBA) International Management New European College
English Language Requirements
- Academic IELTS 6.5 or equivalent.
- If the student’s Academic IELTS score is not sufficient and they have at least a score of 6.0, they can receive conditional acceptance to the MBA program and must participate in the one-semester Pre-Master program. Upon successful completion of the Pre-Master program, the student can enter into the MBA program at the next intake. If the student chooses to complete the Academic IELTS during their Pre-Master program and achieves a score of 6.5 or higher, they can enter into their respective program at the next intake.
3 Years Professional Work Experience
- The applicant must have completed three years of professional work experience, after graduating with a bachelor's degree, in order to be eligible for this program
- Applicants are requested to provide 2 reference letters: 2 from their Employer OR 1 Academic and 1 Employer
Ready to apply for entry to New European College? Here are the materials you will need to provide when submitting your online application:
- Letter of motivation
- Curriculum Vitae
- Academic IELTS (Minimum 6.5 or equivalent)
- Academic Transcripts & Certificates
- 2 Reference Letters: 2 from their Employer OR 1 Academic and 1 Employer
- Color Copy of Passport, including Information & Photo Pages
- Color Passport photograph (not older than 6 months)
- A diagnostic interview: An interview conducted on campus or via Skype by the NEC admissions team to determine the intention, motivation and aptitude or the applicant
The school year at New European College is divided into two terms – Winter Term and Summer Term, and six main blocks, which last six weeks each. Each six-week block consists of two lesson weeks, followed by a project week, then two more lesson weeks, followed by an exam week, to complete the module.
The MBA is comprised of 3 phases which are made concrete in 3 semesters.
In Semester 1, students follow 6 core MBA modules. These modules incorporate a number of classic functional business administration areas, which, in addition to teaching classical delegation of knowledge, will be grasped by reflective learning, i.e. learning in which students reflect on their prior work experience in light of the materials provided in the various modules.
Semester 1 Modules:
- Management Accounting & Finance
- Marketing Management
- Research Methods Introduction
- Human Resource Management
- Operations Management
- International Management
- Information Management
Reflective learning helps to develop critical thinking, self-awareness, and analytical skills. It involves an individual in a reflective process.
Semester 2 sees a series of modules that allows students to study further in-depth in areas of globalization and strategic management and also to choose specialized electives in which to deepen their knowledge.
In Semester 2, the main modules International Corporate Sustainability and Globalisation, Society & Culture provide more depth and breadth to the program, looking at global issues from a socio-cultural perspective as well as a business administration. These modules represent an interdisciplinary approach to the learning process, i.e. a number of issues will be studied from various theoretical perspectives developed in different academic disciplines. The main module Business Statistics looks at the application of statistical methods and data within a company or organization. It will also prepare students for their research in the Final Project insofar as statistical analysis is a part of it. Similarly, but in a different manner, this module invites the student to combine information from different disciplines and sources so as to reach a full understanding of business-economic and social phenomena.
Semester 2 Modules
- Research Methods (Final Project)
- Globalization, Society & Culture
- International Corporate Sustainability
- Business Statistics
- Strategic Management
- International Consultancy
- Project Module (3 Project Weeks)
Throughout Semester 1 and 2, students work on a Personal Development Plan (PDP) portfolio that culminates in three interlinked project weeks in Semester 2, in which students work in teams to fulfil a consultancy project for a regional organisation. There may be one or more projects, depending on the nature of what is available, and during the PDP and Project Module, students are guided by their tutor.
Semester 3 is completely allocated to the Final Project, in which students complete a research project, preferably instigated by a company or non-business organization. The Final Project (at the very least) will combine theory, research, and practical application.
With our Master in Business Administration (MBA), you will gain the necessary skills and tools to be able to take over challenging positions with managerial responsibility. For students without previous education in Business, the MBA is the perfect program to qualify yourself for managerial positions.
MBA Enhancing Your Career!
MBA graduates are often fast-tracked into senior management positions and this MBA program has been designed for those who wish to pursue senior management positions or as preparation for further study in business, such as at the Ph.D. level.
The MBA will further the careers of:
- Graduates who are working in an organization, managing people or processes, and are looking to improve their career opportunities within their current employment position.
- Graduates who have been working in an organization, managing people or processes, and are looking for a full-time MBA program that will increase their employability chances in an international market;
- Graduates who have completed a Bachelor's degree and have worked in an organization with responsibility for managing people or processes, who are looking to improve their career opportunities, either at their current employer or in the search for a new opportunity;
- Graduates with a proven number of years managing people or processes within an organization. These students are looking for an English-taught, internationally orientated MBA program that can allow them to improve their career prospects in the job market either at home or in the Netherlands, either at their current employer or at a new organization, and possibly to continue their studies at a higher level.