Master of Business Administration (MBA): Emphasis International Business
National American University
Full time, Part time
Earliest start date
The Master of Business Administration program provides students with the opportunity to advance their knowledge and skills in the field of business. Students may come from a business undergraduate degree or may elect to complete the foundational courses in order to ensure that all students enter the program with a solid background in the field of business. The core program courses provide students with an opportunity to enhance their analytical and practical skills in the areas of accounting, finance, economics, information systems, marketing, quantitative methods, and leadership. The emphasis areas provide students with an opportunity to tailor the program to help them to meet their specific career goals.
An MBA degree is seen in the business world as an indication that you have a general knowledge of accounting, economics, finance, and management, particularly from a middle or upper management perspective. NAU’s Master of Business Administration will provide you with the knowledge and skills you need to meet the needs of today’s leading organizations. A concentration in International Business prepares you for the unique challenges of managing a global organization. These concentration courses are designed to familiarize you with the opportunities and risks of expanding to global markets, the essential skills of a global manager, and the legal complexities of global leadership and organizational behavior.
MBA Program Requirements
The MBA degree provided by NAU consists of two academic requirements: master's core courses and elective courses.The degree program consists of 10 courses and successful completion of 45.0 credit hours.
MT6255 must be completed during the first term and prior to completing the other master's courses. The core MBA courses are as follows:
- AC6550 Managerial Accounting 4.5
- EC6150 Managerial Economics 4.5
- FN6350 Financial Management 4.5
- MA6600 Quantitative Methods for Management Decisions 4.5
- MG6500 Marketing Administration 4.5
- MT6255 Introduction to Leadership and Quality 4.5
- MT6650 Strategy and Policy 4.5
International Business Emphasis
Students who select this option will pursue the standard MBA curriculum with a three-course emphasis in the area of international business. Completion of this emphasis focuses the student’s preparation in order to pursue or expand a career in the global business environment. To complete this emphasis, the student must complete the following electives:
- LA6100 Legal Environment for Global Organizations 4.5
- MT6570 International Business 4.5
- MT6580 International Management 4.5
Graduates of the MBA program with an emphasis in International Business will:
- Develop effective international competitive strategies for firms.
- Evaluate complex legal issues related to international business.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Proof of English Competency
- No GRE Required!
- No Thesis Required!
- Chief Executives
- General and Operations Managers
- Sales Managers
- Administrative Services Managers
- Industrial Production Managers
- Transportation, Storage, and Distribution Managers
- Construction Managers
- Social and Community Service Managers
- Management Analysts
- Business Teachers, Postsecondary