MBA Specialized in Trading - Market Finance ESLSCA Business School
The MBA Trading - Market Finance, 32nd class in 2019/2020, is today recognized and appreciated by financial market professionals (traders, sales, brokers, financial analysts, quants, structures, risk managers, etc.) as the best training in this sector of activity (front office jobs, etc.).
This Master in Business Administration (MBA) provides the skills necessary to be able to work in all media and in all types of markets. Its recruitment method is very suited to this unique professional environment, its style, the strength of its network of alumni (1,462 in 2017) now present all over the world, and its original teaching methodology (Trading situation, Risk Management, Marathon of proofs) make it one of the references with many Traders, Sales & Brokers.
The courses are always seen from a Front, Middle, and Back Office point of view. This point is extremely important because of the creation of the TRADING Pole; this educational philosophy is very present in the world of International Trading.
Module 1: Produce macro-economic & geopolitical impact analyzes on financial markets
- Financial analysis and ESG criteria
- Interest rate position management
- Raw materials: the physical
- Economic and financial intelligence
- Economic trends
- Foreign exchange markets and their derivatives
- Raw materials: paper
Module 2: Perform technical analysis of financial products & benchmarks
- Technical analysis
- Fintechs and Big Data
- Financial modeling and languages
Module 3: Designing & setting up complex financial products
- Credit derivatives and securitization
- Classic and exotic derivative products
- Mergers and acquisitions and private equity
- Quantitative and alternative management
- Fundamental Actuarial Mathematics
- Structured products, equities, equity derivatives
Module 4: Carrying out operations on the financial markets
- Alternative management
- Deep Mandatory Markets
- Climate derivatives and green finance
- Trading, shares and Repo (purchase agreement)
Module 5: Checking the compliance of financial market operations
- Financial market law and regulation
- Risk management
- Blockchain and regulated financial markets
- Financial crime
Module 6: Dissertation & defense
- Research methodology
- Works and defense
Module 7: Internship
- End-of-studies internship (min. 4 months) or professional contract
- The courses are always seen from the Front, Middle and Back Office point of view.
- The Trading and Market Finance MBA has been designed from a very operational perspective in order to learn how to trade, manage risks and monitor market operations. It encompasses different points of view in order to obtain the most complete view possible (traders, salespeople, brokers, fund managers, quants, structurers, asset-liability managers and financial risk managers of the company).
- All courses are highly interactive and are considered Dealing Room case studies.
- Study trip to a global market since 2008 each year: Geneva in 2020 postponed to 2021, NY in 2019 (visit of the NYSE floor (equivalent CAC40 USA), trading room of SG and Natixis, Bloomberg and KYTE Market Securities) , Frankfurt in 2018, London in 2018 (participation optional and paid)
- Present at the Salon du Trading on September 25, 2020 postponed to April 09, 2021 then to September 2021
- Thematic conferences. Ex: Stock market and financial forecast with AFATE (French Association of Technical Analysts)
- Marathon of exams: 1 exam/subject over 7 days – conditioning, pressure, performance, endurance
- AMF certification (optional)
7th in the Eduniversal 2021 Ranking in the "Market Finance and Portfolio Management" category
- Acquire complete knowledge of the fundamentals of finance, financial markets, financial analysis, the functioning of a business, as well as the capacity to undertake.
- Understand, anticipate, and manage complex situations in which the technical challenge is coupled with a human and political problem.
- Obtain specialized professional qualifications and certifications, generally reserved for professionals such as the AMF.
- Produce macroeconomic and geopolitical impact analyses on financial markets
- Perform a technical analysis of financial products and benchmarks
- Design and set up complex financial products
- Carry out transactions on the financial markets
- Control the compliance of financial market transactions
The MBA Trading - Market Finance offers several possible opportunities:
- Spot, cash, derivatives trading in financial markets and commodities
- Cash and spot sales, derivatives on the financial markets and commodities
- Cash, spot, derivatives broker on financial markets and commodities
- Company or bank treasurer
- Stocks / bonds / fund manager
- Alternative manager
- Asset and Liability Manager (ALM)
- Fundamental and/or technical financial analyst
- Risk Manager / Compliance / Regulation
- Quant & Structure
- Advanced Middle Office / Evaluator
The 2029 graduates (since the class of 1989) are present in London, New York, Paris, Amsterdam, Frankfurt, Brussels, Barcelona, Toronto, Bahamas, Luxembourg, Geneva, Lausanne, Montreal, Monaco, Hong Kong, Singapore, Sydney, Tokyo, Madrid, Montreal, Oslo, Tel Aviv, Jeddah, Bahrain and Dubai.