MBA International Business
Birmingham Business School, University of Birmingham
Birmingham, United Kingdom
GBP 32,580 / per year
Earliest start date
On the MBA course, you will work closely with businesses in the UK and overseas, experiencing a wide range of business dynamics at all levels. Our approach is to constantly apply theory to practice, enabling you to immediately apply your learning in the real world and make a lasting impact on your industry.
Why study this course?
- Access the latest research – as a research-led business school, we give our students access to the latest trends, data and knowledge within the global banking and finance industry.
- A lifetime of career coaching – from the moment you join us you will have a mentor and career coach available to guide you through your career in international banking and finance.
- Accredited business school – We hold the prestigious ‘triple-crown’ accreditation from the AACSB (Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business), AMBA (Association of MBAs) and EQUIS (European Quality Improvement System).
- Boost your employability prospects - The 4th most targeted university of top UK employers (High Fliers Research 2022)
This is the first distance learning MBA in the world to be accredited by AMBA.
Unless indicated otherwise the modules listed for this programme are for students starting in 2023.
The following modules must be taken:
- Accounting for Managers (10 credits)
- Developing Leadership Practice (10 credits)
- Developing Strategy (10 credits)
- Finance for Managers (MBA) (10 credits)
- Human Resource Management (10 credits)
- International Business (10 credits)
- Marketing Concepts and Practice (10 credits)
- Operations Management (10 credits)
- Responsible Business (10 credits)
- Strategic Analysis of Business (10 credits)
- Entrepreneurial Finance (10 credits)
- Global Marketing Leadership (10 credits)
- Implementing Strategies and Managing Change (10 credits)
- International Banking: Regulation and Supervision (10 credits)
- International Business Experience (10 credits)
- International Business Experience: Doing Business in Mexico (10 credits)
- Some optional electives are also available for full-time MBA students from the Executive MBA course
You must also undertake one of the following:
- Dissertation - Type A: Consultancy Project dissertation (60 credits)
- Dissertation Type B (60 credits)
Please note: The modules listed on the website for this programme are regularly reviewed to ensure they are up-to-date and informed by the latest research and teaching methods. On rare occasions, we may need to make unexpected changes to compulsory modules; in this event, we will contact offer holders as soon as possible to inform or consult them as appropriate.
- Ranked #98 in the Which MBA? 2022 for the full-time MBA
- In the top 50 in Europe in the QS Global MBA rankings 2023
Scholarships and Funding
Scholarships may be available. International students can often gain funding through overseas research scholarships, Commonwealth scholarships or their home government.
From the start of your MBA, you can receive bespoke advice from our career consultants. Through one-to-one coaching, our industry-experienced consultants will work with you to clarify your aspirations and support you in your future career, jointly developing a winning employment strategy to take you to the next level and open doors to a range of potential employers.
Group and individual activities to enhance your skills
Throughout your MBA, you will have the opportunity to be involved in the group and individual activities aimed at helping you develop the skills and techniques to support you to achieve your career aspirations.
Some examples of the activities that you can undertake include online MBA profile building, industry-specific networking events, Distinguished Leaders alumni seminars, mock assessment centre experience and video-recorded interview practice.
Employers aren’t just looking for great qualifications. They want to see high-quality personal skills too, such as team working, leadership, presentation and interpersonal skills. Our Skills Development Consultant offers individual appointments to help you shape and hone these qualities.
Employer and Alumni Engagement
During your MBA you will have the opportunity to engage with employees and alumni working at top international companies. Our MBAs have participated in a range of activities with employers including IBM, Accenture, Capgemini, Deloitte, Mondelez, Santander and HSBC.
End of Study Consultancy Projects
As you near the end of your studies, you will have the opportunity to apply for a three-month work-based project starting in September. Projects will vary but are likely to be with UK-based companies who are seeking additional support with a particular aspect of their business. In previous years, this has included projects within IT, Marketing and Finance. This real-life business experience will enhance your CV, providing you with evidence of consultancy skills and an entrepreneurial mindset.
BBS Careers and Careers Network
As a Birmingham Business School student, you will benefit from two award-winning Careers teams.
Careers Network is the University of Birmingham careers and employability team offering: career fairs, employer events with top firms across the UK, start-up and entrepreneurial activities, and support. Internships and bursaries are also available exclusively to University of Birmingham students.
BBS Careers is a dedicated service for Birmingham Business School students. The team provides guidance, support, and work experience opportunities, tailored to business school students, to help them succeed during and after university. We offer workshops, alumni and employer events, and 1-to-1 consultations. These will help you to develop your skills and learn how to submit high-quality internship and graduate applications.
BBS Careers is one of a few, if not the only business school career service to offer life-long support.
We are here to support you!