Master of Business Administration in Aviation (jointly organised with Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, US)
The Master of Business Administration in Aviation (MBAA) will provide you with a strong foundation needed to succeed in today's aviation environment. Designed to emphasise the application of modern management concepts, methods, and tools within an aviation context, you will enjoy all the opportunities made available to an MBAA student with an added competitive advantage of specialised in the aviation field.
You must have earned a baccalaureate degree from an accredited degree-granting institution with a cumulative grade point average (CGPA) of 2.5 or higher on a 4.0 scale. If you already possess a master's degree or have completed graduate coursework from an accredited degree-granting institution, you must also have a 3.0 CGPA or higher at the graduate level.
You must submit official transcripts from all accredited institutions showing degree completion or courses attempted. Official or unofficial transcripts may be required to verify prerequisite knowledge.
Prerequisite knowledge is required in the following areas:
- Accounting Methods
- Quantitative Methods
You should assume responsibility to ensure the above prerequisite knowledge requirements are satisfied through 1 of the following methods:
Present evidence of successful completion of an undergraduate or graduate course in each of the subject areas;
Receive at least the recommended score on the Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT). School Code: 0MX-68-90;
- Students who lack prerequisite knowledge in any of the above areas will be required to register for BUSW 500. The prerequisite subjects must be satisfied before enrolment in other MBAA courses is permitted.
If English is not your primary language, you must either:
- Attain a minimum score on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) of 550 (paper-based) or 79 (Internet-based);
- Attain a minimum score on the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) of 6.0;
- Earn transferable credit for a course that is the equivalent of ENGL 123 (English Composition) at an accredited post-secondary institution; or
- Show evidence of attendance and graduation from a secondary school in which the language of instruction was English.
You must submit a statement of purpose and successfully complete an admissions interview with the department chair and admissions committee.
You can start the MBAA degree programme in January, June or August. The 1st 4 terms are delivered in a blended delivery format combining classroom instruction during the 1st 2 weeks of the term with the convenience of online instruction during the remaining 7 weeks. The 5th and 6th terms allow you to begin work on their Graduate Research Project while also choosing 2 elective courses to be taken online. You can expect to graduate 24 months after you start the MBAA degree course.
About the School
The Singapore Aviation Academy (SAA), established in 1958, is the internationally-recognised training arm of the Civil Aviation Authority of Singapore. It offers a wide range of operational and manage ... Read More