SPM MBA Program Introduction
1. Area of Concentration: Project Management
2. Degree conferred: MBA in Project Management
3. Who should apply : People who are involved in project management duties in various industries (Consulting Firms, IT Firms, Movie & Drama Production Studios, Convention & Event Management Firms, Conference & Meeting Organizers, Arts & Sports Management, Telecommunication Firms, R&D & New Product Development, Construction & Engineering Firms, Civil Servants, Officials in Provincial Government, and Executives in Government Invested Firms.
4. Graduation requirements: 45 credits (15-semester courses)
5. Duration of study: 2 years (4 semesters)
The program aims to provide a comprehensive education about project management at the graduate level for those who plan to pursue a business career in the field of project management, which requires strategic business sense and global perspectives as well as excellent management capability.
- Students acquire integrated knowledge of project management and business strategy.
- Students receive project management education with PMI standard
- Students can learn PM theory and acquire practical knowledge to be able to take the PMP exam at graduation
- The curriculum focuses on modern day PM theory with service industry and IT projects in mind.
- Faculty uses problem-based learning method and case study for teaching method.
- Students learn practical PM methodology such as Microsoft MS2003.
Growing importance of PM capability as a strategic strength of a business firm.
Modern-day projects are more than just the traditional construction and engineering projects and are carried out in surprisingly various industries such as management consulting, IT system development, software development, festivals and cultural events, movie and drama production, convention and conferences, music concerts and sports events, and so on. Often, the success and failure of such events depend on the PM capability of the organization. In this regard, it is becoming increasingly important to enhance the project management capability of the employees of the firm by training them with the systematic and practical knowledge that is up to the global standard.
Program taught in: