Managers are the ones ultimately responsible for the successful and efficient operation of organizations. However, in order to accomplish this, managers must have skills and knowledge that will help them succeed in such a role. They need to adequately manage human resources because, as the saying goes, every manager with subordinates is a human resource manager. They need to be adept in using leadership techniques and strategic thinking. A strong moral compass is a prerequisite for any modern manager, and an ability to manage projects read into accounting reports, and use statistics to reduce uncertainty in business decision making.
The MBA in Management at the Zagreb School of Economics and Management aims to help potential students strengthen their understanding of the philosophy of management, develop analytical capabilities, and to help them become the managers they can be. If you’re currently are pursuing or wish to embark on a career in human resource management, project management, e-business, or if you just want to develop your strategic and leadership skills, this program was designed for you. As part of this program, students will also take part in business simulations that aim to test their decision-making abilities and to help them understand the consequences of their decisions.
ZSEM’s MBA in Management includes courses in Strategy, Management of Change, Business Ethics, Project Management, Managerial Accounting, and more. In order to give our students a broader view of how managerial decisions affect organizations, students will also take a course consisting of human resource management simulation, Strategies for Managing Human Resources.
The Markstrat marketing simulation will also be administered in an obligatory course. As marketing and maximization of company value are inherently linked, this course provides students with an opportunity to fill the role of a marketing manager in a virtual firm.
This program consists of two semesters of compulsory coursework, followed by the creation of a Graduate Thesis, totalling 60 ECTS points. Lecturers in this program include Randy Richards and Dan Ebener (St. Ambrose University, United States), Igor Gvozdanović (CEO of Platinum Invest), Zlatko Mateša (President, Croatian Olympic Committee), and many others.
|Managerial Accounting||3||Ana Šafran PhD, ZSEM, Croatia
Dejan Gostimir, MSc, ZSEM, Croatia
|Project Management||5||Siniša Krajnović, PhD, ZSEM, Croatia
Darko Jureković, MSc, Croatia
Nenad Marjanović, PMP
|Marketing Simulation||5||Maja Martinović, PhD, ZSEM, Croatia
Mira Marušić PhD, ZSEM, Croatia
|Quantitative Methods for Managers||4||Petra Posedel, PhD, ZSEM, Croatia|
|Strategies for Managing Human Resources||5||Mirna Koričan Lajtman, PhD, ZSEM, Croatia|
|Maximization and Measurement of Company Value (Capstone)||5||Igor Gvozdanović, DBA, ZSEM, Croatia|
|Management of Change and Human Resources||5||Randy Richards, PhD, St. Ambrose University, USA
Ivona Škreblin Kirbiš, PhD, ZSEM, Croatia
|Electronic Business Management||5||Hrvoje Jerković, PhD, ZSEM, Croatia|
|Leadership||4||Dan Ebener, PhD, St. Ambrose University, USA
Borna Jalešnjak, PhD, ZSEM, Croatia
|Strategy||5||Zlatko Mateša, PhD, ZSEM, Croatia|
|Managerial Techniques||3||Andreja Brajša Žganec, PhD, ZSEM, Croatia|
|Business Ethics, CSR and Sustainability||3||Kristijan Krkač, PhD, ZSEM, Croatia
Borna Jalšenjak, PhD, ZSEM, Croatia
Igor Matutinović, PhD, ZSEM, Croatia
*ZSEM reserves the right to change the courses and the faculty
For non-Croatian citizens
- Diploma (translated and certified in English or Croatian)
- Grade transcript (translated and certified in English or Croatian)
- Passport copy
- Two recommendations (academic or professional); If candidates GPA is lower than 3,5, third recommendation will be needed
- Motivational letter
- Two photographs, 4x6cm
- Document proving that you have source of supporting the study at ZSEM (most often „bank statement“)
- Proof of application fee payment (150 EUR)
- Certificate of birth (translated and certified in English or Croatian)
For Croatian citizens
- Diploma (original in English/Croatian, or translated and certified copy in English/Croatian)
- Grade transcript (original in English/Croatian, or translated and certified copy in English/Croatian)
- Proof of citizenship (original Domovnica)
- Certificate of birth (original Rodni list)
- Two recommendations (academic or professional);
If candidates GPA is lower than 3,5, third recommendation will be needed
- Motivational letter
- Two photographs, 4x6cm
- Proof of application fee payment (150 Kn)
Tuition Fee Discounts
Students may obtain a reduction in tuition fee in the following cases:
- Payment in one installment to the ZSEM’s gyro account or payment by a student loan: 5%: 5%
- GPA in the completed undergraduate and graduate program 3,5 – 3,99: 5%
- GPA in the completed undergraduate and graduate program 4,00 – 4,49: 10%
- GPA in the completed undergraduate and graduate program 4,50 – 5: 15%
- Citizens of Croatia and European Union (without dual citizenship) : 5%
- Candidates with a minimum of 5 or more years of work experience: 5% (to be proved by an official certificate).
- ZSEM alumni: 5%
A student may qualify for more than one tuition fee reduction, in which case they stack.
About the School
The Zagreb School of Economics and Management has been educating Croatia’s future economic and business experts, and has become a center for thought and discussion on contemporary economic and busines ... Read More