MBA in General Management
The General Management MBA programme provides learners with a balanced insight into the challenges of managing businesses. The modern-day manager needs to have a broad understanding of the various functions within an organisation in order to effectively meet organisational goals and objectives.
In addition to this, the rapid expansion of international trade means suppliers, customers and work colleagues are much more likely to work within a multicultural working environment. This, in turn, requires a different set of skills to be able to manage both effectively and efficiently.
Why enrol in this programme?
The programme attracts professionals from a wide variety of sectors (including finance, manufacturing, retailing, real estate, hospitality and healthcare), who are seeking to broaden their management skills.
The programme provides learners with an opportunity to:
- Apply knowledge and understanding of organisations, businesses and management to solve complex issues both systematically and creatively whilst improving business and management practices apply knowledge and understanding of organisations, businesses and management to solve complex issues both systematically and creatively whilst improving business and management practices.
- Contribute to business and society at large using lifelong learning skills and personal development.
- Apply strategic decision-making skills and develop the ability to work towards policy formulation and implementation.
The MBA in General Management is a dual award programme conferred by Emirates Aviation University and Coventry University, UK. The EAU award is accredited by the Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research (MOHESR) in the UAE.
Completion of the General Management MBA programme provides a means of improving career prospects which may be achieved through a promotion with an existing employer, enhancing prospects with alternative employers or providing skills which may assist in making a career change.
The MBA is an accredited degree that is recognized globally through the academic collaboration between two well-known institutions, Emirates Aviation University and Coventry University. Many employers believe that a person who has undertaken MBA study has a good level of understanding of the 'big picture' and has obtained the skills that will enable them to manage with greater competence and confidence in an ever-changing and complex business environment.
The programme consists of eight modules and a dissertation.
Mode of delivery
Modular basis (block mode) with classes normally held every two months (five days per module).
- Marketing Management
- Project Management
- Operations Management
- Economic Environment for Business
- International Business
- Strategic Management
- Financial Analysis for Managers
- Organisational Behaviour & Human Resource Management
- MBA Dissertation
Eighteen months, part-time.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated December 31, 2017